Strange Instructions Or: How I Stop Caring And Just Laugh At Them

hanger

In today’s world of sue-happy people, governments and companies can’t help but play safe by providing all sorts of crazy disclaimers and instructions that would make Captain Obvious proud. Of course, it’s just a matter of time before they would commit laughable bloopers. They may say that they only “erred on the side of caution” but I don’t really care as long as they are amusing enough.

Twist top off with hands. Throw top away. Do not put top in mouth. – On the label of a bottled drink.

Not for weight control. – On a pact of Breath Savers

Caution: Remove infant before folding. – On a child’s stroller

Theft of this container is a crime. – On a milk crate

Fans of Star Wars will definitely appreciate the irony out of this:

choking.png

Warning: High in Sodium – On a packet of salt

Do not use in shower. – On a hair dryer.

Open bottle before drinking – On a bottle of rum

STOP! This is the last rung – On a ladder

Caution: Hot beverages are hot – On a takeaway coffee cup

Warning: Do not insert finger – On a blender

Remove plastic before eating – On a snack bar wrapper

Eating rocks may lead to broken teeth. – On a novelty rock garden set called “Popcorn Rock.”

Remember, objects in the mirror are actually behind you. – On a motorcycle helmet-mounted rearview mirror.

Noted.

washer

Beware of people – Sign in a street in Hong Kong

Safe for use around pets – On a packet of kitty litter

May cause drowsiness – On bottle of sleeping pills

Warning: Physical activities can be dangerous. – On a playground in Hong Kong

Not suitable for children 36 months or less. – On a 1-year-old’s birthday card

Caution: Do not use to strike any solid objects – On a handle of a hammer

Keep out of reach of children and teenagers. – On a can of air freshener

Caution: Ice cream is cold. – On a tub of ice cream

For proper food safety and quality, use the following directions: do not eat pizza without cooking. – On a supermarket pizza

It’s a dangerous world. Be careful out there.

200.jpg

This entry was posted in Humor, Miscellanea and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Strange Instructions Or: How I Stop Caring And Just Laugh At Them

1. GoofyEd says:

CAUTION: Lacktoes intolerant people should not put feet under the lawn mower!

2. Haha…it is a strange world. ヾ(^∇^)

3. Denzil says:

So funny, all of them. The sleep-inducing sleeping pills were my favourite.

4. Dave Gardner says:

This was a funny read with my coffee this morning. Thanks!

5. I recently bought a kitchen knife set as a gift for daughter’s upcoming birthday. Since I ordered online, I opened the box when it arrived to make sure everything was as it should be. I laughed out loud at the warning on the side of the knife box: “Caution! Contains sharp objects.” Well, duh, they’d better be sharp, I paid good money for them!

6. parkinsons95 says:

What a great way to start my day! Caution: Too much laughter may cause a side a side-ache, but well worth it! Thanks for the good read!

7. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I enjoyed this article. I live in Asia as well, some of the instructions I see on products here make me laugh out loud.

8. George says:

Makes you wonder, doesn’t it..:)

9. rukkuwrites says:

ha ha too good! I found one here in Taipei “Beware of falling leaves!” on the trunk of the tree…

• Lol 🙂

However,, there are some leaves that can cause injury then they hit someone like from palm trees or coconut trees. Several years ago, my friend was hit by a falling coconut tree leaf (the whole leaf) and it caused some minor concussion. But he’s lucky considering that the coconut which also fell didn’t hit him!

10. Jude says: