Random Joke #1: Monkeys Of The Stock Market

monkey

Once upon a time, in a village, a man appeared and announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys for $10 each.

The villagers, seeing that there were many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them. The man bought thousands at $10.

And, as supply started to diminish, the villagers stopped their effort. He further announced that he would now buy at $20 for a monkey.

This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again.

Soon the supply diminished even further and people started going back to their farms. The offer increased to $25 each, and the supply of monkeys became so small that it was an effort to even find a monkey, let alone catch it!

The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at $50! However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would now buy on behalf of him.

In the absence of the man, the assistant told the villagers. “Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that the man has collected. I will sell them to you at $35, and when the man returns from the City, you can sell them to him for $50 each.”

The villagers rounded up all their savings and bought all the monkeys. They never saw the man nor his assistant again, only monkeys everywhere!

And that, my friends, is how the stock market works.

Source: The Internet, I can’t track down the origin of this.

This entry was posted in Humor and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Random Joke #1: Monkeys Of The Stock Market

1. LOL. Edmark, this is such a truism. The parable exemplifies what we all know to be true but the ones on top attempt to make us think we are the ones confused. The world is quick to tell us what is right but is it?

2. LOLOL! Yep! 😉 😉

3. Tamal says:

That’s amazing. I loved your blog. I’m including it in my Blogroll and may be borrow one or two quotes in the future. Keep up the good work.

4. Esther says:

Eh… I didn’t get the…joke?

• This is an analogy on how the stock market works (this can also be used as an analogy for the 2008 Wall Street bailout) though admittedly, an oversimplified one. In the real world, there are many more characters involve aside from the”villagers”, “monkeys”, and “the man and his assistant”.

This joke can be explained in many ways since it can be applied to many things. Here’s one…

Let’s say the “man” is a giant investmest company, the villagers are the common investors and the “monkeys” represent subpar stocks. When the man continuously buy the monkeys, the monkeys will become overpriced due to the laws of supply and demand. Of course those who have knowledge have already figured out that the monkeys are overpriced and it’s just a matter of time before the bubble bursts.

Now, the “assistant” who has many of the worthless monkeys will have to sell them for profit before it’s too late.

Those who bought the monkeys will eventually realize that the monkeys doesn’t woth anything to begin with!

In the end, they end up making monkeys out of all of the villagers.

5. Where do I buy these monkeys?

Brilliant! 😂😂😂

7. George says:

Lol…that’s funny

8. Is this what they call monkey business? o(≧∇≦o)

9. nightfly1991 says:

Lol. Funny and true.

10. Pingback: via Random Joke # 1: Monkeys Of The Stock Market . | nz

11. Invisibly Me says:

Monkeys everywhere! This made me chuckle.x