10 Fun Facts About Lava Lamps (Infographic)

Learn more about Lava Lamps with some of these fun facts.

(Click image to enlarge)

Fun Facts About lava lamps

Lava Lamp Facts from Motion Lamps provider Lava Lamp

This entry was posted in Miscellanea, Trivia and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to 10 Fun Facts About Lava Lamps (Infographic)

1. Very interesting. I always thought lava lamps were fascinating. I knew they operated on the principle of density but wondered what the “lava liquid” inside was, figuring it was some kind of oil. It turns out the 1968 US patent consisted of mineral oil, paraffin wax, and carbon tetrachloride (under Operation https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lava_lamp).

2. Indira says:

Interesting compilation!

Very informative! 😊Thank you and have a great weekend ahead

4. Alexis Rose says:

Loved my lava lamp! Ahhhh, memories 😊

5. I love lava lamps myself. My daughter broke our old one. Now I’m searching for another

6. …and I have a purple one on my nightstand! 😄😉👍

7. Megala says:

Interesting info!

8. Scott Levine says:

Wow! That’s really interesting! I had no idea!

9. Whilst I take great enjoyment from your blog I’m afraid your ‘facts’ are wrong in this case. The Guava Lamp was actually invented by Mr Mbogo Mdeyo of the Ecuadorian Ptang Tribe in 1763.

10. Not surprised but very happy to find this post here. Thank you. Had and offered Lava lamps. Love them. But never heard of # 6. Ever tried one?

11. natuurfreak says:

Bedankt voor de goede informatie