Untitled

I have been wanting to post a post titled “Untitled”. However, I have no idea what to post with that title until I found the following poem by Kenneth Leonhardt:

This poem’s title is Untitled –
Not because it is untitled,
But because I am entitled
To entitle it Untitled.

If I’d not titled it Untitled,
It would truly be untitled …
Which would make me unentitled
To entitle it Untitled.

So it is vital, if untitled,
Not to title it Untitled,
And to leave that title idled,
As a title is entitled.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Untitled

1. Frank Hubeny says:

Nice sounding nonsense poem.

2. Jack Shalom says:

Nothing is better than that poem.
    Does that mean that the poem is worth less than nothing?

Brilliant!! This is not only a superb tongue twister but it makes sense😊😊Loved this!!

• mistermuse says:

Well, old pal, the cat is out of the bag — now you know mistermuse’s real name (though by any other name, I would smell as sweet). However, I’d prefer if you don’t share this info with your furball Garfield, as I suspect he can’t keep a secret, and I prefer to remain indognito.

4. Nathi says:

Interesting poem!

5. George says:

Now that’s very clever..:)

6. Mr. Mel says:

Very funny, it reminds me of a comedy routine, Who’s on First. Abbot and Costello 👍😁

7. Fantastic. Love it.

8. How much coffee have you had today? 😀 😉

9. ederline says:

I love this poem and how you played with rhymes.

10. a man called himself “no name man” meaning to be name less. but after a while he noticed that he was recognized by the people as “no name man” hence any effort to avoid the identification is useless. ciao.

11. I had to read that slowly because my words were getting mixed up! Haha

12. superwifeandmummy says:

😂 Fantastic

13. A love stricken soul says:

U framed words beautifully !! Worth reading. 🙂

• mistermuse says:

Edward Law may have framed the words, but I wrote them. However, I forgive your confusion because confusion is normal for a love stricken soul….and in any case, I’m a very forgiving guy. 🙂

• I really apologize mistermuse , it was all mine misconception even though Edmark M. Law mentioned the writer’s name. Actually, I really liked the framework of poem and the word play. Mine intention was just to appreciate the writer. It was your kindness that you forgave me. I’m grateful. 🙂

14. mistermuse says:

Well, imagine my surprise to come across this poem of mine published here. I assume you found it on page 129 of THE RANDOM HOUSE TREASURY OF LIGHT VERSE (1995) or in a post on my mistermuse blog (THE OBSERVATION POST), but if you saw it elsewhere, I’d be interested in knowing where.

In any case, I appreciate your attributing the poem to its proper author, and I thank you for your good taste in choosing it! 🙂

• I have no idea it was you who wrote it. I found it in my old file but I haven’t included the reference for some reason. Though I think that I got it from the Random House book you mentioned since that file was dated 2002.

I am Abyssbrain by the way, formerly blogging at Mathemagical Site.

15. Smitha V says:

Fun😊. Your posts are so different and clever.

16. Paradoxes are always satisfactory.