Quotable #16: Transience

quotable

“When told of a man who had acquired great wealth, a sage replied, ‘Has he also acquired the days in which to spend it?'” β€” Solomon Ibn Gabirol

This entry was posted in Quotations and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Quotable #16: Transience

1. ivors20 says:

There’s plenty of good wealthy people whom never got their time to spend it……

2. Indira says:

Thought provoking…

3. One of the conundrums of life. Do I retire now and begin enjoying my time or do I want until my finances are alll nice and in order. Will we stay healthy? Great quote!

• jfrels says:

I have actually tried to spreadsheet my retirement burn-down and that involves trying to estimate your year of death.
      Now I need a formula for how much refined sugar, saturated fat, and general neglect I need to implement to hit my death target date so I can die with exactly $0 (don’t tell my kids).

Good question!!☺

5. πŸ™‚
    My wife just recently told me about someone she once gave a bunch of Elvis albums to… and that now he owns all kinds of properties in the local town. I replied, “So he made a monopoly game out of his life!”

6. loshame says:

I like that 😊

7. George says:

Love this quote!

8. Megha says:

Very true.. This reminded me of a recent story I read somewhere about a chinese man who spend all his life working hard and saving money and he when he died one day, his wife got married to his chauffeur. The Chauffeur comment was “I used to wonder why he is working so hard and now I realised he was working for me” 😬

9. Actually!!
    People have money but no time!!