Random Joke #6: Life

social-media86e8

During a conversation:

“Hey, you know, I have an account on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Plus, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Youtube, Pinterest, Flickr, Reddit and on several online forums as well.”

“Oh, um… do you have a life?”

“OMG!!! Why haven’t I heard of that yet?! Can you give me the link?”

This entry was posted in Humor, Technology and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to Random Joke #6: Life

1. It’s a good one! haha

2. gumiii says:

I laughed the other day when a kid said Facebook is for old people. Imagine that!

• Well, it’s actually true. FB’s around for quite a while. So, the original FB users have gotten a bit older. Besides, the young ‘uns won’t use FB just for the fact that their parents, aunts, grandma, and other relatives also use it. They don’t like their online activities to be monitored by the adults after all 😃

3. Haha funny but reality…👍 Well written

4. paolsoren says:

Great. I might have to tell my daughter.

5. jfrels says:

Facebook is one of the scariest things on the internet. I don’t have an account. It is designed to keep you there by showing you what they have figured out that you want to see by statistically analyzing your entire online life. It’s like a big honey pot. And I think it can be a very isolating and mind-narrowing trap, if you’re not careful.
    Amazon is starting to scare me a bit as well.

6. Ady says:

I have been through these linking social media puddle. It was difficult to tear myself away but thankfully iylt has been over 5 years since I closed those accounts and my life is my own now 😁

• I was quite active on social media when MySpace and Friendster were a thing. I even had an FB which I created in 2005 (many people still didn’t know that it exists at the time 🙂 ). Back then, it was still quite “normal” for lack of better word. I stopped using social in 2007 when I felt that they’re getting more and more obnoxious… Now, I have started several accounts again, but they are all for my blog.

7. anne leueen says:

HaHaHa! Oh dear me. Sad but so true but still funny.

8. Tammy7711 says:

Hahahaha!!! 😭😂😭😂😭😂 I love thisssssss!!!!

9. Sorry. I am guilty. Tried to find Life. Like Love, it is in all the wrong places.

10. I have lots of accounts, too. The reason is to share the blog and website posts. That is an automated function, but I do not spend any time on those accounts.That’s why I have not many followers.
    Your joke was interesting, but it is actually not a joke. Many people spend their life onscreen.

• I am a freelance writer so I know what you mean. I have to alwats be connected on the net to find new gigs and upload my writings. And now I have a blog, so…

My blog is connected to fb, twitter and Tumblr but as you said, it’s automated. And I barely spend any time on those accounts as well.

Many of my “jokes” aren’t really a joke if you know what I mean.

11. emmitsomo says:

although insulted, I have to say: true. That is, I think, also a link? Or is it “link”/dubious of someone to say that? Anyhow, even I have to laugh…. I still dream of the nineties, or better the eighties, where there were still only books. What a nightmare the digital world (can) be. -I-

• I wasn’t born during the 80’s yet so I don’t have any idea what it’s like though from what I hear, it seems great. The 90’s wasn’t so bad I think. During those times, the Internet was a lot “normal”. Now, it’s a completely different animal.

While the digital age brought a lot of good things, it also has its bad sides. I just hope that the benefits outweigh the drawbacks by a large margin eventually though I may just be too optimistic about this…

12. 2ndhalfolife says:

Sad but true. These things are life to some people now. I am single and refuse to meet someone online so I guess I will be single for the rest of my life…haha.

13. 3C Style says:

So funny! I wish I had thought of that one. 😀

14. ivors20 says:

Giggle,… The mind boggles…. 😆

15. Miriam says:

Sadly too true!!! But clever 😏

16. soiba says:

Haha hilarious 😀

17. delphini510 says:

That sounded scary. Gave me headache just to think about the pressure serving all these links.
    I am today a rare species. Apart from WordPress I have no media account.
    I promise I am quite normal otherwise.

• My blog is connected to a few social media sites for sharing purposes though the process is automatic.

So, I don’t spend that much time on them. I was last active on my personal fb account in 2007 (my account was created on 2005 when fb was still not a thing 🙂 ).

18. B. says:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

19. Evir says:

Hi, there.
    I think you’re very busy.

20. Brilliant! That made me smile!