This is a list I made quite some time ago. Might as well publish it here.
1. Even Galileo didn’t know calculus, so why should I?
2. When I tried to reach my textbook, I could only reach half the distance, then when I tried to reach it again, I could only reach half of that distance, then…
3. I know the proof, but there isn’t enough space to write it in this narrow margin.
4. I was unable to find some logs in our backyard.
5. Since you were constantly talking about those imaginary stuff, I thought that the homework was just imaginary as well.
6. Wolfram Alpha was down last night.
7. I accidentally dropped it on a paper shredder, and it shredded my homework into an infinite number of pieces.
8. My homework is about Godel’s Incompleteness Theorem, so I didn’t complete it as well.
9. I have a solar powered calculator and it was raining all day.
10. My math skill is at a transcendental level, so I didn’t bother to show you my homework, you won’t comprehend it anyway.
11. I had a constant amount of homework. I tried to derive its purpose, but I got nothing.
12. I tried to calculate the πth root of infinity and my computer exploded.
13. I was stuck in an infinite loop while using L’Hôpital’s rule.
14. I dug all around the yard but I never found the square roots that I needed
15. I ate too much pi and went to bed with a transcendental stomach ache.
16. I left it in the πth dimension, and I have to wait for another Pi day to be able to enter to that dimension again.
17. I was exhausted from moving countless decimal points and raising complicated algebraic expressions to large powers.
18. The range of the improper integrals was between zero and infinity, so I was unable to finish them.
19. I put my homework in my bag but a four-dimensional dog got in and ate it.
20. I tried to divide by zero and my homework burst into flames.
I hope that you would be able to determine the references that I used in some of the excuses especially in excuse #3. Well, if you can’t, you can always ask me.