Haiku: Shell

shell haiku.jpg

Image | This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Haiku: Shell

1. Pingback: Haiku: Shell | Jaywickman

2. Lovely, well captured!

3. rishhu says:

This was good!

4. Pingback: Haiku: Shell — Learn Fun Facts – Original Thought

5. Noel Hartem says:

sweet. I was always told they were the wishes of mermaids in hopes of finding a sailor for a lover.

6. vsweta says:

Beautiful poem and very well presented! Did you click that picture too?

7. delphini510 says:

Beautiful poem and lovely setting. I wonder whether we also listen and remember.
    The sound to the sea.
    Miriam

8. B. says:

All I love is in there: the sea, the thinking and the feeling… 🙂

9. Peter Klopp says:

Wow! I love this haiku on the seashell. Great poem!

10. I like the little poem, but I do not think it is a haiku, by the strict definition. Haiku have 17 syllables in three lines with; 5, 7, 5 syllables (top to bottom). This poem has: 5, 8, 6. To scrunch the last line into 5 syllables, you could write it this way: “To the list’ning ear.” You could rephrase the second line to fit 7 syllables this way: “It’s life at sea and murmurs.” You could rephrase the last line, for 5 syllables, more drastically as: “To receptive ears.”

The shell remembers
    It’s life at sea and murmurs
    To receptive ears.