Pun Of The Weak: Math Booths

pun-of-the-weak

I went to a math conference, and they had booths set up for several different branches of mathematics so students could learn about them. Unfortunately, the topology booth was closed, the algebra booth was way out in a field, and although I could get arbitrarily close to the analysis booth, I couldn’t touch it. The noneuclidean geometry booth wasn’t in the shape I expected. Probably 8.4% of the booths were about statistics, but I didn’t test that hypothesis because I was busy counting the combinatorics booths in three different ways. I was disappointed that the logic booth wasn’t constructed, and the applied math booth just blew up!

This entry was posted in Humor, Mathematics and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Pun Of The Weak: Math Booths

1. ProfTomBot says:

I heard the calculus booth was well integrated but only because it was derived from the previous functions

2. ivasallay says:

Several of the booths served pi, and I couldn’t stop eating it.

3. Pulkit says:

Now that’s Real analysis…of booths

4. joem18b says:

I went to that conference! I was so excited and anxious to visit the imaginary numbers booth, but couldn’t find it.

5. anne leueen says:

Punster extra-ordinaire !

6. The non-linear equations booth was wandering all over the place chaotically. The location of the linear systems booth was indeterminate. The location of the series expansion booth was divergent from the main event. The differential equations booth was uselessly discontinuous. The group theory booth was hopelessly inconsistent. The complex analysis and Fourier Transform booth was singularly uninformative. The tensor analysis booth lacked any definite metrics. The whole event was just so arbitrary and undefined.

7. Haha this was enjoyable!

8. See? I believe that all questions can be answered using Math. Even when you use the Booth analogies.

9. craftysurf says:

👏👏👏 This one is excellent 😂

10. Jack Shalom says:

I left the Calculus booth after a six hour lecture; after all, I have my limits.

11. Silent Hour says:

Ha ha! I’d love to see a math booth blow up!

Loved the way you described the layout. I will learn to stay away from mathematicians or refrain from answering as you are exact people😉😁

13. paolsoren says:

Actually a friend of mine went and told me the geography booth was so good it was off the planet.

… I asked about the numerical analysis booth but they couldn’t tell me EXACTLY where it was; but, as far as they were concerned, their directions were close enough…