Laws Of Aerodamnics

Aerodamnics — how the air moves and the way it interacts with objects that are in the air according to Murphy.

1. A piece of buttered bread usually falls to the floor with the buttered side down.
Corollary: The probability of this happening is directly related to the price of the carpet.

2. juice squirting from a grapefruit tends to go directly into one’s eyes.

3. A wind always blows out your last match when lighting a campfire.

4. When the plane you are on is late, the plane you want to transfer to is on time.

5. Any tool, when dropped, will roll into the least accessible corner of the workshop.
Corollary: On the way to the corner, any dropped tool will first and always strike your toes.

6. No matter which direction you start, it’s always against the wind coming back.

7. The most powerful force in the world is that of a Frisbee disc straining to land under a car, just beyond reach. (The technical term for this force is “car suck”.)

8. The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee.

9. When the weight of the paperwork equals the weight of the plane, the plane will fly.

10. If you want a track team to win the high jump you find one person who can jump seven feet, not seven people who can jump one foot.

While the Laws of Aerodamnics are corollaries of Murphy’s Law, the word “aerodamnics” is coined by yours truly, Edmark Law!

My name Edmark M. Law. I work as a freelance writer, mainly writing about science and mathematics. I am an ardent hobbyist. I like to read, solve puzzles, play chess, make origami and play basketball. In addition, I dabble in magic, particularly card magic and other sleight-of-hand type magic. I live in Hong Kong. I blog at You can find me on Twitter @EdmarkLaw and Facebook. My email is
This entry was posted in Humor and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to Laws Of Aerodamnics

1. Haha gosh I love this antigravity so genius Indeed lol

2. miadeer says:

This was so cool to read, I learned a few things too!

3. dtills says:

HaHa! These are perfect and all true 🙂

4. You always come up with something fabulous! Thank you!

5. this was so great, personally love #8….

6. anne leueen says:

This made my Monday which up until reading this had been quite ordinary.

7. on the level says:

that was a fun ride

8. Pingback: Laws Of Aerodamnics | Success Inspirers World

9. Actually, I’m reblogging this to my sister site, Success Inspirers World ☺

10. … And here I thought it was just me!

11. mumzieov2 says:

Interesting read. 🙂

12. Love the cat and the toast…brilliant!

13. Abigail says:

Clever! The corollaries added for #1 and #5 especially added to the humor of the buttered toast and dropped tool “aerodamnics.” (The cat+buttered toast photo made me smile.)

14. Malini says:

Interesting and true 🙂

15. Very LOL Funny! 😄 Thanks for sharing, Edmark!

16. Great read. Thank you, Edmark

17. Jack Shalom says:

1) A lost object is always found in the last place you looked for it…
    2) The amount of coins found behind the sofa cushion will always be one less than the number needed to get the laundry done.
    3) Supervisors will only evaluate you on the one day of the year you have arrived unprepared.

18. craftysurf says:

I’m using it in a sentence today 🤔👍

19. Peter Klopp says:

Very enjoyable read on the variations of Murphy’s Law!

20. I like the simple science of the toast on the cat’s back. Thanks for gifting my first laugh of the day! Cheers!!! 😄

21. elisgraci says:

This is interesting.. I’ll pin it on my fb.. thanks for sharing…

My big fear, when flying, has always been “Does bernoulli’s principle have an expiration date?”.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )