The Birds Sing Together

birds in the morning

Image: Shutterstock

As the sun rises, the birds sing together.
A man with a gifted ear for music analyzed
How the birds’ voices differ from each other;
He then lengthily discussed and emphasized
How some birds are better than the others.
But it didn’t make a difference, I realized,
As I watched the birds continue to sing together.

Just a little doggerel I wrote this morning.

This entry was posted in Poetry and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to The Birds Sing Together

1. Roy says:

Penned beautifully

2. Reblogged this on Vietnam Travel & Trade Portal.

3. David says:

Nice doggerel and nice word that doggerel.

4. How appropriate for today! We had a snow storm, but today the weather was rather nice and the birds were going CRAZY with their chattering. You’d think they knew that Spring was coming tomorrow! It was so funny! GREAT PIECE you wrote!

5. Tammy7711 says:

Very nice and peaceful read! I love it! Keep up the awesome work!! God bless! Xx

6. Silent Hour says:

Lovely morning poem!

7. Candice says:

I thoroughly enjoyed this! Here, in winter, we don’t have as many birds around to add to the chorus, but I enjoy the ones that are here just the same.

8. Abigail says:

Not bad a quick doggerel jotted in the morning! I confess to sometimes overanalyzing a situation and forgetting to just appreciate it as it exists. (It serves me well in English class, though.)

9. Truly lovely!!!! And YES! they do!!! We love sitting outside and just listening….listening…..what a sweet gift birdsong is. Thank You and Cheers!!! 🙂

10. B. says:

.. and they’re so perfectly harmonious…

11. Peter Klopp says:

We often stop enjoying what nature provides with excessive analyzing. Then we miss the beautiful chorus of the birds singing in harmony together. An exceptional poem!

12. Lovely, nice analogy!

I call my stuff “doggerel”, also. The difference is, my stuff IS doggerel. Nice poem…

14. Ady says:

Beautiful prose. 🙂 It doesn’t matter how we/the birds sound, in the end together we make a beautiful song !

15. Deb Whittam says:

Like our voice, each of the birds voice is unique

16. phantomzedi says:

I can feel the words and relate them to the humans in the world. Truly mesmerising