The First One Million Digits Of Pi

pigraphic

Here’s a site with a strange name (arguably, in this context, not so) that shows the first one million digits of π. The site is:

The exact web address that contains the one million digits of π is:

If a million digits are still not enough for you, just do a search on the and you will find sites with the first ten million, 100 million or even one billion digits of π.

This entry was posted in Mathematics, Technology and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to The First One Million Digits Of Pi

1. monkey = disappointed that sequence 012345 happen only 2 time in first million place and 0123456 not happen at all.

2. B. says:

I was half asleep, half numb, now I’m totally AWAKE! 😀

3. jfrels says:

To make a website with that many digits of pi is irrational.

4. Jack Shalom says:

I only know the last digit of pi…

5. Too much for my wee mind to hold!!! 😄

6. barryh says:

If only I could think of any possible use for the first million digits of Pi. As previous commenter said, 22/7 is adequate for most purposes. Mind you, I was the clever clogs who, having completed school exams in less than the available time, spent the rest of the time working out e (base of natural logs) to ever more decimal places. Never got to a million though.

• Abigail says:

You could stun friends and achieve more precise solutions. Not to mention bragging rights.

Ha, I like that term, “clever clogs.” If I had time after mathematics tests, I would probably derive some value or equation, too.

The first four digits are enough for me. 3-1/7 was good enough for the ancient Egyptians to build the pyramids to hold all their grain; it should be good enough for us…

• Abigail says:

Good point. In my own mathematics work (high school senior presently), problem sets have only required the first 3 digits. Still, kudos to the math enthusiast who wrote the first million digits for the edification of the world wide web.