Quotable #45: Noise

quotable

“He that has the worst cause makes the most noise.” — English Proverb, cited in Gnomologia: Adagies and Proverbs, 1732

This entry was posted in Quotations and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Quotable #45: Noise

1. That’s brilliant! 🙂

2. curioushart says:

For some reason, this reminds me of something Anthony Trollope wrote:
    “A huge, living daily increasing grievance that does one no palpable harm is the happiest possession that a man can have.” _The Eustace Diamonds_

• Abigail says:

What a fascinating observation. I, personally, don’t see how a “huge, living, daily increasing grievance” could be a blessing, unless Trollope means that man does best if the only harm that he commits injures himself…?

For me, the quote brought to mind the observation by Arthur Schopenhauer that many writers of his time wrote at length “to appear to have something to say, while they have nothing to say.”

3. Silent Hour says:

Couldn’t agree more.

4. Mr. Mel says:

A very true statement as evident in today world.🌎

5. ivor20 says: