Albert Einstein On The Formula For Success In Life

einstein_sticks_his_tongue_1951.jpg

One day, someone asked Albert Einstein whether he knows the mathematical formula for success in life.

“If a is ‘success in life’, then the formula is, a equals x plus y plus z, where x represents ‘work’ and y represents ‘play’,” Einstein said.

“But what about z?” he was asked.

z,” he replied, “is keeping your mouth shut.”

This entry was posted in Anecdotes, Humor, Mathematics and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Albert Einstein On The Formula For Success In Life

1. Pingback: Albert Einstein On The Formula For Success In Life — Learn Fun Facts – adhya eduventure

2. reachingoutwithcare says:

Good one

3. Pingback: Albert Einstein On The Formula For Success In Life — Learn Fun Facts – Reachingoutwithcare

4. Pingback: Success In Life Formula By Albert Einstein | a inspiraars

5. I don’t know about x and y but z “keeping your mouth shut” seems like an incredible option, a secret though 😀
    Thanks for sharing! Can’t help but to reblog it (scheduling it for tomorrow) 🙂

6. 🤣 Duly noted!!! Thank You and Cheers!!!

7. Great tip, especially the z-advice.

8. ellie894 says:

We need more y and z in life 😊. Nice!

9. Edmark,
    What a great piece of advice. No need to remove all doubt. I am so glad you find these bits of Wisdom.
    John

10. Ngao Vang says:

Haha 👍👍👍

11. That might work.
    I was watching squirrels: they work really hard to build their nests which get destroyed all the time in storms (we have a lot), collecting nuts and seeds. Basically they are moving and working for the most of time. Then suddenly, they would start to play. I thought once exactly that: these who work hard enjoy a play, as well.
    Sorry for comparison, Einstein and squirrels, but it was very obvious that way.
    I liked the “z” because, yes, too much talking does not allow focusing.
    Excellent post, really enjoyed.

12. Abigail says:

Success = work + play + shutting up
    So, success – shutting up = work + play?
    Einstein, I fear that your equation does not hold up.

13. John says:

😁😁😁

14. shoreacres says:

Too bad I didn’t read this yesterday.

15. Nice one…👍👍🤘👍

16. Jack Shalom says:

Although the outspoken Einstein was a direct contradiction to that.

17. ivor20 says:

Insightful and witty Albert

That equation implies that mimes are the happiest people of all…