After 568 posts and 730 days, here we are. It’s hard to believe that it’s been two years since I started Learn Fun Facts. After all, I did not expect much of it when I posted my first blog post on January 1, 2017This will not be possible without my readers’ avid support. So, I would like to thank you all for your support and encouragements. Those mean a lot.
On a personal note, I had experienced several setbacks in 2018. Nevertheless, I think that there were still many things that happened which I should be thankful for.
Now, for the year in review:
Stats for 2018
Learn Fun Facts gained 186,094 views, an increase from last year’s 81,823 views. For the number of likes, there are 81,730 likes compared to last year’s 45,580. The number of comments increased from last year’s 3,675 to 5,467.
Here is the list of the top 10 readerships by country:
Top 10 Most Popular Posts
- Happy New Year 2018! (And Mathematical Facts About 2018)
- Learn Fun Facts’ Blog Party: Share Your Blog Here (March 2018)
- What’s Your First Blog Post?
- 20 Thought-Provoking Quotes About Reading and Thinking
- How Blogging Saved My Marriage (Guest Post)
- Some More Tech-Related Headaches (Mainly because many spammers have visited it)
- 50 Random Fun Facts
- How to Switch Back to the WordPress Classic Editor
- Translation of a Pun
- Lewis Carroll’s Curious Square Poem
10 Weirdest Search Terms
- Trivium (Most people use trivia these days and I rarely see the singular form “trivium”. Also, I wonder how the searcher ended up here since I haven’t used the word “trivium” on this blog until now.)
- how many light bulbs does it take to change a lawyer? (That’s a weird question. I could try to answer that I suppose. Answer: One, provided that you didn’t miss.)
- 2 plus 2 should be 5 (Well, there must be a story behind that.)
- bacteria survive microwave.
- 29 facts about analytical number theory (wow, that was rather specific.)
- Are psychics weak to puns? (Who knows.)
- baking makeup (Huh?)
- elephant camel and cow are different to each other (Who knew.)
- yellow jackets kill killer bees.
- Mcdonald’s order on menu everything total.
Spam of the Year
This year, I received several weird and funny spams. However, I think that the following still took the cake. It first appeared on my post about tech-related problems and spammers. Here was what I wrote:
Ironically, my post about some tech-related headaches turned out to become another tech-related headache. Well, at least, this comment cracked me up a bit:
- I will try to increase the quality of my posts further. This was one of my goals last year, but improvement is a continuous process, and this will be my goal as long as I blog.
- I’ll have to read more books as I kinda slacked off last year. If not for my old notes, I would have run out of materials for my blog.
- I will be more active in finding guest contributors for Learn Fun Facts. Previously, potential guest bloggers were the ones who seek me out. However, I realized that I should be more engaged in this. Anyway, those who would like to guest post can email me at email@example.com. For more information, read the Submission Guidelines.
- Learn Fun Facts’ Miscellany and Blog Party will now be back on normal schedule. So check them out, especially the blog parties that are coming.
- I wouldn’t use Gutenberg for now and just wait for future updates to see if they would fix the issues that I have.